Monday, October 11, 2010

Talent Plus!

I, apparently, am talented enough to work in the NICU in Virginia Hospital Center. I am so thankful, it only took 4 interviews and a drug test to prove this. I really like staying home and I would rather not work, but when one stays home, one never really stays home. Meaning, I spend too much. Surprised, aren't you. None of you would actually believe I could spend too much money, especially on 'shiny' stuff. Ok Ok, I know.... I am easily entertained by the shiny things in life, and usually those things cost money. I have now decided that I am making a list, and only the things on the list (that are shiny, of course) will be bought. There are no rules to the list, mind you. I can add to list at any time, and the list will be in my IPOD which is with me at all times. SO, none of you have to worry, what might happen to me, if I come across something shiny and it's not on the list. I simply take out the ipod and add it too the list. I do not have to buy the items in order, they can be randomly purchased at my discretion. Happiness is a list!

We have had a nice time this week. The kids are settled in school. Parent teacher conference went well. R is brilliant. This is not the exact words her teacher used, but I understand they are instructed not to use such grand words in describing children. I know when she said, R has "strong" skills in reading and math, she means she is brilliant. I am sticking with that story. The teach is awesome, and R loves her. This is what really matters. B is loving his little preschool. The teachers love him and tell me all the time, what a wonderful, sweet and loving little boy I have. I wonder sometimes if they are mistaking him for some other boy in the class. He is ruff and tumble and all physical, demanding and loud. Sweet, quiet and gentle, are not words I would use to describe him, but I'll take it. If they love him, I am happy my boy knows how to behave in the company of others. whew...

Wednesday nights are play night. The children have friends over and I have friends over. It's nice, glasses of wine and snacks while the kids run around the 1000 sq ft we call home. I did have to get the furniture people to bring a bigger table, with more chairs. It's a fun Wednesday night tradition.

Daddy's birthday is this week, so this past Sat. night I decided to get a babysitter and go out for dinner. Another two couple joined us, and we all enjoyed a night at the Melting Pot. Fondue Fun for everyone. Didn't really think about how long it would take to fondue.... since you have to cook your own food, I should have realized, but it was a 'shiny' idea and who really thinks things through. Our poor babysitter, she was so tired. We got home an hour and half later than I thought. Bad form. Oh well, after an apologetic letter to her mother, R's teacher, who I was worried would stop thinking R was brilliant, it was ok and she offered to babysit again. Whew again.

Forgot to mention, one of my shiny purchases was a small digital piano. R is going to start lessons sometime this month, and is very excited. She has already learned chopsticks, thanks to me. I guess since I taught her the song, I will have to endure it.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly my wish list of shiny things just got a whole lot smaller.... J rented a car this weekend to go out hiking and someone hit it in our underground parking garage. I am very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think that the dinner at Melting Pot ALSO decreased your shiny list thanks to the price tag attached to it....

    ReplyDelete